Saturday, November 24, 2007

Johnny Cash : Hurt

I came accross this video the other day and was actually very moved by it.

I got goose bumps all over. It brought back memories of my father listening to Johnny as I was growing up. They were good memories but watching the video and listening to this song made me think about this legend who has been around my entire life.

Even though my father has been gone for 15 years whenever I hear Johnny cash I think about my Dad.

I consider myself very fortunate in the fact that I had the freak opportunity to see this man perform. I was up In LA in the summer of 83 and He just happened to be there having a concert . I very much enjoyed it.

As most of you know I am not a country music fan and probably never will be. It's like nails down a chalk board to me.

But I salute this man for all his accomplishments, I was very saddened by his death as this is the loss of a legend. One of my legends.


Enjoy

2 comments:

Wilma said...

One of my fav songs. Even the guys from Nine Inch Nails said this was a great version & that Johnny made this song his own.

It always makes me so sad.

Bruno Rocco said...

Yes I agree I like his version better.

I think for him to do a cover song of the Nine Inch Nails so well just shows how much of artist he really was.