Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Break Down

Ok !

I have to start this by telling you Saskatchewan people Rock!!

I along with Veronica and Ricco were on our way to Regina for the annual Dinner Theatre in which we do the catering .

We headed out on our trek, we stopped at the 7 Up cafe had Dinner about 7:30 and then back on the road.

When I started the trusty Jeep I was quite surprised the engine light came on ? Hmm

So we were off I was watching the gauges and checking to see if their was any other issues and low and behold the charging gauge was not registering to fair . But we were in the middle of nowhere so we just kept trucking . When we got to Watrous I knew we could not go on I slowed down and the jeep actually stopped and would not start. we waited a few minutes and the jeep started so we turned around and drove back into Watrous . I made it to the GM dealer and it died right in their driveway .

By this time it was about 9:30 and of course everything was closed up . Well low and behold someone drove in while we were their. It happened to be one of the owners. Wow what a nice guy he did what he could to get us going again and lent us a battery pack in which he figured we would make it to Regina.

Well we made it as far as Imperial Sask and the sucker Died. Dead.

We called 911 of course Veronica had to use her cell phone as mine would not pick up a signal . So we got a tow truck coming. We then called our friend Sophia from Strassbourg who happened to be waiting in Regina for us and asked her to come get us.

All is well we are getting cold but the Tow truck was on the way as well as a trusted friend.

Tow truck guy came started to load the jeep while a guy drives by and say's Everything OK ? I reply yeah were Ok . He then says You've got Leather Seats
I say yes as he drives away ??????

He then turns around comes back and asks where are we heading we told him we were going to the bar to wait for our friend.

He then says well just throw your stuff in the back of my truck and I will take you to the Bar. I did notice you have leather seats.

Ok He has a fetish i Guess???
But we get in to his truck and he heads to the bar. We get to the bar IT is Closed.

He says well I'll just take you to my other bar it's only a couple miles out of town.

WHOA baby now I was starting to think we are going to be cut up and butchered for sure. Probably on leather seats .

But of course being from SK everyone is trustworthy so away we go.

He then tells us the only reason he stopped was he had a jeep exactly the same color year same tires etc. and he thought we had stolen his jeep.

Well we get to his bar (his farm quonset) and proceed to drink lot's of drinks

We had a wonderful time , stayed their and drank till 2:30 in the morning woke up his wife and on and on.

Our Hero


We made it back to regina at 4:30 am and we had to cater that day for around 260 people. Let's just say the bed time that night did not come soon enough.






So it was the alternator and the nice people in watrous fixed it all up for me and had it ready for our trek home on sunday.

No comments: