Sunday, March 16, 2008

Scuba 101

On Day 2 Vinnie & Bruno decided to go on a scuba trip neither of us had ever tried it, we talked to instructor and we thought ok lets do it.


We spent an hour and 1/2 in a lecture type setting learning all about the equipment , then an hour and a 1/2 in the pool using the equip and practicing scuba. Bruno of course had difficulty who would have thought my claustrophobia would affect my ability to scuba Hmmmmm. Vinnie seemed to have it under control so we got on the boat and headed out . It was about a 1/2 hour boat trip to the national park coral reef that we were going to dive by. We went with three other divers and the instructor, 2 of which were very experienced divers and the third was his first open water dive since his certification so we felt pretty safe. Bruno did not make it in the water with scuba equip ( I was to freaked out) From the time I got on the boat all I could think about was the movie Open Water if you have seen it you will know what I'm talking about. But I was persuaded to jump overboard and snorkle, I saw lots of fish it was very cool. It was a little freaky watching the boat take off and looking around going hmm I'm alone single target small and easy to swallow. Vinnie went scuba diving lasted about 10 min then came up and said it was really wild , the current was very strong . The fellow who was on his first dive lasted about 20 and came up said he had a really bad headache (not good in my thoughts) the rest lasted their 45 minutes. It was an experience don't think i will try it again (the claustrophobia Thing was to scary).

Back to the land Vinnie jumped off the boat and hurt his shoulder (rotater cuff muscle) He was in severe pain for about three days. Boozes give him more boozes.


The pics of our fellow scuba mates and our boat captain (guy in blue with sunglasses on) he was very nice and the same age as me). Guess which one was the instructor hehe.

Another adventure and we lived through it.



1 comment:

Fairy Mae said...

There would have been no way in hell I would have gone in the water either....SHARKS!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!!!